On September 2013 the IARU Region 2 General Assembly will take place. More information about it will be sent later this month.
One of the topics the General Assembly analyze and approve during these events are the Region 2 band plans. As you know this band plans sets the framework on how we use our bands and what modes we use in specific frequencies.
IARU Region 2 has in its Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) the rules and regulations that establish the way this should be done. It is very important than you, our Members Societies, know well these procedures because we expect your active participation in this important process that take place every tree years.
According to the SOPs IARU Region 2 sends Member Societies all the information that you need to participate 12 month in advance. This is why you are receiving this email.
Attached you will find the following files:
1) R2 Procedure HF.pdf This file contains the SOP with the procedure and timetable to make changes on the Region 2 HF band plan in English.
2) R2 Procedimiento HF This file contains the SOP with the procedure and timetable to make changes on the Region 2 HF band plan in Spanish.
3) R2 Procedure VHF+ This file contains the SOP with the procedure and timetable to make changes on the Region 2 VHF and up band plan in English.
4) R2 Procedimiento VHF+ This file contains the SOP with the procedure and timetable to make changes on the Region 2 VHF and up band plan in Spanish.
Also you will find our current HF band plan for IARU Region 2 as well as the IARU Region 1 and Region 3 band plans as the SOPs establish. Please be aware that we don´t have a band plan for VHF+ our region, but we hope to have one regional band plan for the first time a year from now.
The files for the band plans are:
5) R2 HF Bandplan 2010 This is our current band plan in English.
6) R2 HF Plan de Bandas 2010 This is our current band plan in Spanish.
7) R1 HF Bandplan 2011 This is the IARU Region 1 band plan for HF. This document is only in English.
8) R1 VHF UHF Bandplan This is the IARU Region 1 band plan for VHF and UHF. This document is only in English.
9) R3 Bandplans This is the IARU Region 3 band plan and includes HF and VHF in one single document. As the R1 band plans this document is only in English.
I kindly ask you to read the procedures, make the appropriate consultations among your member radio amateurs and send your proposals to me no later than March 23, 2013.
If you need any clarification please don’t hesitate to contact me. This is an important issue and we want Member Societies to participate actively.
Ramon Santoyo V., XE1KK
Secretary – IARU Region 2