The third Emergency Communications Workshop (ECW) was held on October 3, 2019 in Lima, Peru, immediately after the 20th General Assembly of IARU Region 2.
The Emergency Communications Workshop was sponsored by the Executive Committee of IARU Region 2 and, likewise, Radio Club Peruano was the host of the ECW.
The event was coordinated by Dr. Cesar Pio Santos, HR2P, IARU R‑2 Emergency Coordinator, with the support of Cesar Brousek, OA4CLU, Coordinator of the National Emergency Network (RENER) of Radio Club Peruano.
The Executive Committee of IARU Region 2 was represented by Reinaldo Leandro, YV5AM, IARU R2 President.
Present at the workshop were representatives of several IARU Member societies: Mexico, Cuba, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Colombia, Uruguay, Trinidad & Tobago, Barbados, Curacao, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, Venezuela, Canada, Brazil, USA, England, Japan, Indonesia, Holland, Norway and Germany.
Radio Club Uruguayo (RCU) contributed with the following link for learning CW: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlVre68iBGkU2IevX7dVtrUGbjZntAd1h
The presentations of the workshop are available here:
- Chiapas earthquake and Fuego volcano eruption (CRAG)
- Mexico City earthquake (FMRE)
- The Mercalli scale in the Chile early warning system (RCCH)
- Guayaquil Radio Club experiences in emergency communications (GRC)
- Peruvian radio amateurs in emergency communications (RCP)
- Los radioaficionados cubanos en las comunicaciones durante emergencias y desastres (FRC)
- ARES-RAC Canada (RAC)
- Experiences as a Radio Amateur operator working for the UN under extreme emergency Scenarios (YS1RS)
- WL2K Workshop (FMRE)
- Pictures of the event (PDF)
Tambien disponible en Español (Spanish).