The second IARU R2 Emergency Communication Workshop was held on October 11, 2016, in Viña del Mar, Chile in conjunction with the IARU Region 2 XIX General Assembly.
The workshop was sponsored by IARU Region 2 and the American Radio Relay League (ARRL).
The event was chaired by Mike Corey, KI1U, Emergency Preparedness Manager for ARRL and the co-chair was Dr. Cesar Pio Santos, HR2P, IARU Region 2 Emergency Coordinator. Representing the IARU R2 Executive Committee was Reinaldo Leandro, YV5AM, IARU Region 2 President.
Attendees represented many Member Societies in and outside of IARU Region 2: Mexico, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Trinidad and Tobago, Ecuador, Honduras, Guatemala, Venezuela, Canada, Brazil, USA, Japan, India, and Germany.
The ITU was represented by Sergio Scarabino.
The presentation given are available below:
- CE3PG – Emergencia y Radioaficionados – El Proceso de las Comunicaciones y el Operador de Radio
- HR2P – IARU R2 Emergency Coordinator Update
- ITU – Relación entre las TIC y el manejo de los desastres
- K6AH – Amateur Radio Emergency Data Network – Successful Implementation Techniques
- WB8BZH – Salvation Army Team Emergency Radio Network Briefing
- XE2O – Winlink 2000
- Summary of the presentations