On Saturday, July 31, 2020, a video conference tutorial on Winlink (WL2K), sponsored by the ITU, was presented, aimed at representatives of the telecommunications authority, radio amateurs (DARCI) and other disaster response organizations from Dominica, following the installation of the RMS Winlink node J73WIN.
The video conference had 20 attendees, including:
- Clement Pierre Louis, J73CPL, President of Dominica Amateur Radio Club Inc (DARCI)
- Bennette Thomas, Director of Telecommunications, Government of Dominica
- Sylvester Cadette; ITU Program Caribbean Officer (with office based in Barbados)
- Rodrigo Robles; ITU‑D Program Officer in America (with office based in Honduras)
- Mike Burton, XE2 / N6KZB, member of the Winlink Development Group
- Cesar Pio Santos, HR2P, EMCOR R2 Coordinator
The talk was given by Jonathan Remba, XE1BRX, ITU Winlink Project Expert for the Americas, covering topics related to Winlink network architecture, installation of RMS Express software, and various formats for transmitting messages via e‑mail. Also there was a demonstration of transmission and reception of messages via HF radio using the VARA modality incorporated into WL2K.
At the end of the video conference, Clement Pierre Louis, J73CPL, thanked Dominica’s telecommunications authorities and ITU representatives for the invitation and support given to radio amateurs, and thanked the presenter for the excellent talk given
Cesar Pio Santos, HR2P
Tambien disponible en Español (Spanish).